Conceptual Estimating & Cost Modeling
Trimble Modelogix is a cost modelling application that produces conceptual estimates based on historical data quickly and ac¬curately. Modelogix unlocks hidden value in your historical data and benchmarking enabling more predictable capital and project planning.
Request a FREE demonstration of Trimble Modelogix
“Intellectual Property” (IP) isn’t a commonly used term in the Construction industry, but every company has IP in the form of past project experience. Every estimate you prepare for a prospective customer and every project you manage to completion contributes to this stockpile of valuable data.
See how your cost model stacks up against past projects of similar scope. Identify cost outliers that provide opportunities for adjusting the model to fit the owner’s funding constraints.
Analyse Your Cost Model
View and compare your cost model side-by-side with the project estimates that formed the basis of the model.
Powerful Search Engine
Use selected project attributes to search all of your historical data to find the right mix of projects for your new cost model.
The Big Picture—With All the Details
Not only do you have access to your historical data, but Modelogix also tells the complete story for each project by including all relevant supporting documents.
Modelogix enables you to easily design and print a proposal that reflects your company’s quality, professionalism and attention to detail..
“Closed Loop Integration”
The best way to leverage historical information is to create a continuous cycle or “closed loop” integration. To begin the cycle, a feasibility budget is developed that is based on actual cost information from past projects. The conceptual estimate is then moved to the cost estimating solution to prepare the detailed estimate based on owner specifications. The detailed estimate forms the basis for your budgets in your project management solution, and this data exchange is automated with Prolog. When the project closes, the actual cost data flows back into Modelogix for use on future projects
Features & Benefits
- A clean and intuitive user interface making the powerful software approachable for users of all skill levels.
- Model analysis based on the workbreakdown structure of your choice, Masterformat, Uni-format, Job Cost Phase, etc.
- Metrics feature provides more than twenty customizable data types— allowing you to analyze your cost model in ways that are most meaningful to your company.
- Search feature makes it quick and easy to find past projects stored in your Modelogix database.
- Inflationary cost indices allow you to normalize costs in all your past projects, to account for fluctuations based on a location or time.
- Smart categories allow you to apply key project attributes to past work—making thousands of past projects stored in the database easy to find.
- Powerful slice-and-dice data modeling capabilities let you combine any mix of work breakdown structures (WBS) in one view.
- A built-in proposal designer lets you easily generate reports and proposals that are polished and professional.
- The completed cost model can be used as the starting point for your detailed estimate.
- Use your cost model to benchmark your detailed final estimates, identifying any omissions or errors before it’s too late.